Friday 7 May 2021

ROW Reborn

My last blog post at the old site, ridingonwater.wordpress.com, was more than a year ago.

Why the absence? Honestly, it just got too expensive. WordPress was groaning under the weight of all my pictures, and if I wanted to blog some more, I was going to have to buy a more expensive plan. There are a lot of things in my life that cost money. It took me some time to decide that the blog just wasn't going to be one of them. In fact, I more or less gave up on blogging entirely, and started an Instagram profile that I really enjoy - @ridingonwater. (Best to follow this one for lots of Friesian pics!)


Still, Instagram didn't manage to scratch the itch that blogging does. I used to write for my audience, but I've increasingly realized that the blog holds so much value just to me. It helps me learn better when I can record my thoughts in this form; it helps me to set goals; and when things get tough, it helps to look back on months and years past, to see how far we really have come.

Above all, though, I have loved my blog because I'm able to check the archives and see how many great things the Lord has done for me. Not only in horses, but also in life. He's healed me of so much needless angst and so much desperate sin, and when I feel mired in the sin of today, I can look back and see that He had grace for me years ago, and I know that He has grace for me now, too.

Anke van Henson photographed by Ashleigh K Photography


So Riding on Water has been reborn - cheaper, less professional, perhaps a little more sporadic, but for the same purpose as it always was: the glory of the King. It's something I enjoy and a tool for rejoicing and trusting in my God. And if anyone out there wants to follow along the journey of riding and life, then you're sincerely welcome. My hope is that you will find encouragement here.

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easter Festival 2024

 Two of the best shows of the year are clustered together in our calendar. For some reason, they both fall in the height of African horse si...