Wednesday 26 May 2021

Wordless Wednesday: Friesians and Flowers

And a whole lot of other things, too, of course.


This little sale pony is just too adorable. And this kiddo is going from strength to strength, even though it freaks me out a little that he used to ride in a pony pad not so long ago and now his stirrups are a hole down from mine!

Cute as a button

This divinely beautiful mare has been going so well lately! She's a strong woman, and we're forging the kind of bond you can only ever have with a strong-minded mare.

These ladies came to see the Friesians, and the big group of mares warmed my heart when I called them in the field and they all came running up to the gate together

I absolutely love riding the Friesian livery at my yard, too. Someday I'll have my very own one! A girl can dream.

Holly is one of the kid ponies I ride once a week to keep them tuned up

We have a cat now. Noah will be the subject of his own blog post soon!

Mirror selfies with the cutest little gelding ever. He comes to the gate of the field when I call him, and I just can't get enough of him!

My garden is still blooming like mad even though we've had a few good frosts now. These lobster flowers are my favourite

The canary creeper

The aloe thingy? Honestly I have no idea, my whole garden would be dead if it wasn't for my man remembering to water it (and copious amounts of moo poo making me look like a better gardener than I actually am)

Pretty gazanias

We're only about one month out of the summer grazing, but so far, so good with Skye.

She escaped her field last week and went tearing down the hill looking more sound than she has in years!

Titan completely tuckered out after a long afternoon of driving me nuts while I'm trying to teach lessons

Lessons have been wonderfully full. The kids have interschools coming up, and everyone's been working hard under these perfect skies.

My favourite human sorted out a bigger pen for my little Sebrights. They are like tiny jewels and bring us so much joy!


We spent the weekend farm-sitting for my parents, which included looking after these cuties.

One of my working students grew up to run a riding school nearby, and works off her horse's livery by doing odd jobs for me. She clipped this little gelding, and he came out absolutely amazing.

Golden dapples on silver.

Silver dapples on gold!

My dear man farms with indigenous layers, and they're just too beautiful in the morning light!

Another happy, chaotic lesson afternoon drawing to a close. Winter is good and necessary, but wow, I really can't wait to have my long summer evenings back! It's dark by five-thirty right now.


Scripture reading has grown very poignant to me. I'm reading the last few psalms David wrote during his life, and they are so intimately focused on God's holiness. I will be reading (or rather listening to) Psalm 119 over the next day or so, and I really look forward to experiencing the longest chapter of the Bible in this new context.

God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easter Festival 2024

 Two of the best shows of the year are clustered together in our calendar. For some reason, they both fall in the height of African horse si...